Product Return Guidelines
HatsanUSA requires that the guidelines detailed below be followed when returning a product to our facility.
General Return Shipping Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines when shipping any item to HatsanUSA. Additional item-specific requirements can be found further down the page.
- Any product shipped to HatsanUSA must be securely packaged in an appropriate shipping container. Products shipped only in their graphic retail box or wrapped in paper are not well-protected and may not be secure. HatsanUSA recommends a sturdy, corrugated, unmarked shipping carton be used for safe transit. Products damaged in transit as a result of improper packaging are not covered under warranty and may not be covered by any insurance provided through the shipping company.
- Bunched packing paper, strong bubble sheeting, and clean foam padding are preferred padding materials. Air cushion bags are suitable for lightweight products that do not risk puncturing the bag. Polystyrene packing ‘peanuts’ are acceptable, however, discouraged unless the shipped item is sealed within protective covering that prevents the small fragments from contaminating the inside of the returned item. Items contaminated by packaging materials are subject to an additional cleaning fee.
- All returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number in order to be processed. Orders returned without return authorization will experience a delay in service.
- A return shipping address must be clearly indicated with each package shipped to HatsanUSA for service.
- Clearly indicate your RMA number on the outside of your shipping carton. Also, include a copy of the email containing your RMA number inside the box with your returned product.
- A thorough description of the reason for return should be included with each item in order to prevent processing delays.
- Any airgun shipped to HatsanUSA must be safe from discharge during transit and/or handling. The airgun must not have any projectile loaded into its breech/barrel and must not be cocked. In the event that the gun cannot be de-cocked and/or cleared of projectiles, you must notify HatsanUSA prior to shipping the airgun.
- Additionally, a physical disclaimer or indicator that the gun is cocked and/or loaded is required to be on the gun, preferably secured to the trigger guard area.
- Airguns received in an unsafe condition without notification are subject to additional service fees.
- Airguns are to be shipped assembled, in the same manner that they were received as new. Disassembly of an airgun for shipping often results in damaged or missing components that are normally secured within the gun’s stock. HatsanUSA is not responsible for damaged or missing components as a result of shipping a disassembled airgun.
- Removable air cylinders may be shipped separately for repairs that explicitly apply to the air cylinder.
- HatsanUSA strongly advises that your airgun be shipped in discreet packaging that does not indicate its contents in any way.
- Sturdy corrugated outer packaging with protective inner padding is strongly recommended. HatsanUSA is not responsible for damage occurring as a result of inadequate packaging.
- Any airgun returned must include all components necessary to operate the gun. If it has a removable air cylinder, the cylinder must be included. A minimum of one (1) magazine is required, unless the gun is single-shot only. If the reason for return includes the use of a specific accessory (such as a fill probe), we ask that it be included so we can accurately diagnose the problem.
- Airguns received with missing necessary components may result in delayed processing and/or additional costs.
- Airguns returned for service should be cleaned and properly lubricated prior to shipping.
- Guns that require significant cleaning prior to service are subject to additional cleaning fees. HatsanUSA reserves the right to refuse to service any airgun or accessory that requires extensive cleaning and/or has been severely abused or neglected.
- HatsanUSA strongly recommends that 3rd party accessories/components be excluded if they can be easily removed and are not critical to the gun’s operation. This includes, but is not limited to optics, lights, bipods, and slings. HatsanUSA is not responsible for 3rd party items unless an explicit agreement is made prior to shipping.
- Accessories / equipment returned to HatsanUSA must be properly packaged and safe to handle.
- Any high pressure component must either be completely depressurized or packaged in a way that prevents accidental discharge of air.
- Removable air cylinders must have the degassing/protective cap installed. Failure to included this component may result in a charge for a replacement cap to ensure safe return shipping.
- Compressors or other items requiring fluids must be completely drained with all caps properly installed to prevent leaks and damage to packaging. HatsanUSA is not responsible for packaging damage caused by fluid leaks. Additional fees may apply to items that require clean-up resulting from fluid leaks.
- Electronic accessories must include all components necessary to power and operate the equipment. Failure to include all necessary components may result in delayed service and/or additional costs.
- Hand pumps and compressors must include all hoses and other accessories necessary to operate and evaluate the item.
- Firearm Shipping Requirements
- Firearms must be shipped unloaded and separate from any ammunition. DO NOT send any live ammunition to HatsanUSA!
- Firearms should be shipped with “Adult Signature Required” upon delivery.
- Any firearms shipped must be sent in discrete containers that do not indicate the contents of the package.
- Please review18 U.S.C. 922(a) and THESE ATF FAQs for more information regarding federal regulations on shipping firearms.
- Additionally, individual carriers may impose their own restrictions on transporting firearms. Please follow your chosen carrier’s requirements.
- Any firearm returned to HatsanUSA from a Federal Firearms License holder MUST INCLUDE a copy of the FFL inside the package with the gun. Failure to include a copy of this license may result in delayed processing.
- Any firearm returned to HatsanUSA from a non-licensee for service must have the appropriate return shipping address indicated on the shipping label. HatsanUSA will only return a firearm to the individual and address from which it was shipped, otherwise it will be shipped back to an FFL holder of the owner’s choosing.
- Firearms returned for service that have been fired should be thoroughly cleaned and properly oiled prior to shipping.
- Guns that require cleaning prior to service are subject to additional cleaning fees. HatsanUSA reserves the right to refuse to service any firearm that requires extensive cleaning and/or has been severely abused or neglected.
- HatsanUSA strongly recommends that 3rd party accessories/components be excluded if they can be easily removed and are not critical to the gun’s operation. HatsanUSA is not responsible for these 3rd party items unless an explicit agreement is made prior to shipping.